Term and Conditions
Terms and Condition
Freight: No Minimum Order – Please email for bulk pricing. Wholesale ordering >>>Click Here
Freight regions: Victoria; Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Albury/Wodonga: New South Wales; Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Penrith, Richmond, Campbelltown, Canberra: Queensland; Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast: South Australia; Adelaide, Gawler, Aldinga Beach: Tasmania; Hobart, Launceston: Western Australia; Perth & Fremantle are generally covered by our courier service, while all other areas are Registered Post.
Payment Terms: Full payment prior to shipment. We do not have accounts.
Returns: Returns are at buyers expense and are only on damaged goods or faulty cables. Returns are only accepted within 7 days via email request first. Returns are not available if a lamp is not a satisfactory colour or shape. No refunds on freight.
Cables: Cables may vary in colour and shape from time to time.
All Prices include GST.
Prices may change without notice.
Any orders are subject to these terms and by placing an order you agree to these terms
Payment Methods Accepted
Our Bank Details: The Way of the Lamp
Please quote your name in the reference.
Please make cheque payable to “The Way of the Lamp”
PO Box 1345 Ferntree Gully Vic 3156
Allow up to 7 days for dispatch once cheque has been deposited into our account.
Cash payment into our bank account is accepted. Please use your name in the reference.
Credit Card payments are made through our Secure PayPal API connection.
Please choose the PayPal method when paying by credit card. Refer to www.paypal.com.au
Pick ups are by appointment and are cash only. Please call to book an appointment. Thanks for your understanding.
For questions about our products please call our team on 03 8288 1839 during business hours or email us at email@example.com
We will get back to you within 24 hours.
We are based in Ferntree Gully (Melbourne). If you’d like to pick up your order, please call to book a time. All pick ups are COD.
Steven Bettles & the Salt Lamps Australia team
The requirement for compliance of Salt Lamps in the Australian Market in mandatory.
Our electrical cables are compliant with Energy Safe Victoria and ACMA who are the governing bodies of electrical compliance and safety in Australia.
Our lamps are supplied with C-Tick Certification to Australian Standards. This means they have been approved for use in Australia for fire and electrical safety.
If you come across a Salt Lamp at a market stall, purchase online or a retail/wholesale outlet and the cable is not supplied with C-Tick certification (shown below) it is possible that the cable it is not Australian Compliant and you should request a return and full refund.
Check for this logo
This logo must be shown on the cable fitting itself. If this logo is not on the cable fitting IT IS NOT compliant to Australian Standards.
Cables from Salt Lamps Australia show the C-Tick certification and are fully Australian Compliant.
1. Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, if you do, Salt Lamps Australia may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any Salt Lamps Australia product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honored.
Salt Lamps Australia collects, at the time of your registration and your sign-on to its web site, certain “personal information” (information that personally identifies you) including but not limited to your name, email address, home or work address, telephone number, and information about your computer hardware and software (e.g., IP address, operating system, browser type, domain name, URL, access times, and referring web site addresses).
3. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
Salt Lamps Australia collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding Salt Lamps Australia services;
- to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Salt Lamps Australia, its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of Salt Lamps Australia site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from Salt Lamps Australia and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the Salt Lamps Australia site or any Salt Lamps Australia product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of Salt Lamps Australia, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Salt Lamps Australia site;
- and to identify and resolve technical problems concerning Salt Lamps Australia’s site, products and services.
Salt Lamps Australia also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
4. Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
5. Disclosure, Processing and Retention
Salt Lamps Australia does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to Salt Lamps Australia’s employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Salt Lamps Australia’s behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if Salt Lamps Australia has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Salt Lamps Australia’s rights or property, other users of Salt Lamps Australia’s web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Salt Lamps Australia or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in Australia, or in any other country in which Salt Lamps Australia or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this web site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Salt Lamps Australia will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove Salt Lamps Australia’s compliance with any applicable law.
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
Salt Lamps Australia will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing Salt Lamps Australia about changes to their personal information. You can do this by sending an email to our privacy department. Salt Lamps Australia will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
7. Security Safeguards
Salt Lamps Australia will use reasonable efforts to protect customers’ personal information.
8. Access to Personal Information
Salt Lamps Australia will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by emailing email@example.com, If Salt Lamps Australia is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer’s personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney-client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting Salt Lamps Australia or the Privacy Officer as described above. Salt Lamps Australia will promptly correct such personal information.